As a member of the McCain Foods Group of Companies, The Day & Ross Transportation Group is committed to sustainable growth, guided by our principles of safety, integrity, quality and social and environmental responsibility. To us, that means continually working to enhance the quality of our products and services, and to preserve the quality of the environment wherever we operate by minimizing our impact on the land, water and air we use. We regard compliance with the law as a minimum standard to be achieved. Our aim is to continuously improve our environmental performance by finding effective ways to reduce the adverse impacts of our business. The Day & Ross Transportation Group is a certified SmartWay Transport Partner, an initiative of the Environmental Protection Agency.
A few other environmental initiatives
- Smartway — The Day & Ross Transportation Group is a SmartWay Certified fleet.
- New fleet - low emissions — All new vehicles within the Day & Ross fleet are mandated to be the new lower emission vehicles
- Recycle 100% truck wash — All terminals utilize outside resources to wash trucks at our locations. All suppliers must reclaim the water used, remove it from our facilities and recycle
- Electronic thermostats &mdash Electronic thermostats are being installed in the various terminals to reduce heating costs
- Motion sensor lights — Motion Sensor lights are being installed in the terminals to reduce energy usage and cost
- Recycle tires and oil — Our waste oil is collected as need be for recycling, our used steel/aluminum parts removed from trailers are collected weekly for recycling, and our old tires removed from trailers/trucks are sent down to our main maintenance facility to be recycled
- Speed governors — All vehicles are equipped with speed governors to reduce speed and fuel usage
- No truck idling — Mandated policy throughout Day & Ross, zero tolerance for truck idling
- Fuel consumption — Policies are in place to reduce fuel consumption throughout the company